LOCATION: BROADWAY MIDDLE SCHOOL, ELMIRA, NY
Full-time position (1.0 FTE), 10 months per year, school calendar position
This is a one-on-one RN position which involves caring for the medical needs of a student placed in a BOCES classroom located in a Special Education program. This position also requires riding the bus to and from school with the student. Assistance with all medical aspects of the student’s day is expected.
Student needs assistance with areas of daily living skills which may include but are not limited to; toileting, personal care, feeding, maintaining safety during transitions, redirection, task initiation, communication, interacting with others and supervision for sensory activities and routines.
- Student may require daily tube feedings.
- Student needs constant monitoring during and after feedings.
- Provide regular assessment of respiratory needs;
- Possession of a valid NYS Registered Nurse license and be physically able and willing to meet the needs of the students;
- Dispense medications;
- Complete Medicaid paperwork, as applicable;
- Assist with student arrival and departure;
- Help student carry out prescribed physical exercises;
- Help student with daily living skills/hygiene;
- Follow medical protocol;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please complete your file by submitting the following information:
* Employment application
* Letter of interest
* Detailed résumé
* Evidence of NYS certification, license or Registration Certificate (if applicable)
* College undergraduate and graduate transcripts conferring degree
* If no college education, furnish a copy of high school diploma or GED
* One to three current, dated and signed letters of professional reference (must be less than 1 yr. old)