LOCATION: Bush-Building 11, Central Business Office, Elmira, NY
Full-time position (1.0 FTE), 7.5 hours per day, 12 months per year
* Classifies a variety of receipts and expenditures and distributes items according to a prescribed procedure;
* Reviews and checks complex account keeping records and reports for arithmetical and clerical accuracy, completeness and proper extension;
* Assigns work, reviews and records work done, and instructs new employees in the specialized account keeping and clerical work of a unit;
* Conducts routine correspondence on matters where policies and procedures are well defined;
* Verify and reconcile of a number of account balances according to a prescribed procedure;
* Receives invoices by mail, verifies amount, and pays invoices;
* Voids and re-issues checks as needed;
* Prepares routine reports of information taken from journal or ledger;
* May compile and prepare labor, material and operational cost records and reports;
* Operates personal computer, copier, computing, calculator, and other office machines;
* Compiles data for, and prepared and analyzes complex financial and statistical records and reports;
* Other duties as assigned.
This is a competitive Civil Service position. The selected employee must be among the top three after taking the required exam.
* Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field; OR
* Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma and completion of a business certificate program that includes coursework in accounting, and; OR
* Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma and two (2) years of clerical experience involving responsibility for maintaining and checking financial accounts and records.
Salary: Per Support Staff Association contract. Plus comprehensive benefits package.
Please complete your file by submitting the following information:
* Employment application
* Letter of interest
* Detailed résumé
* Evidence of NYS certification, license or Registration Certificate (if applicable)
* College undergraduate and graduate transcripts conferring degree
* If no college education, furnish a copy of high school diploma or GED
* One to three current, dated and signed letters of professional reference (must be less than 1 yr. old)