This is a competitive Civil Service position. The selected candidate must possess this title or be among the top three of a current, binding Civil Service list for the title or if no binding Civil Service list be in the top three after taking the required Civil Service exam for the title.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited two (2) year college or university with an Associate's degree in electrical technology or equivalent field with coursework in microprocessors, digital logic circuiting, algebra, electronics, and analogue circuitry; OR
B. Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma and three years’ experience repairing or servicing microcomputers, printers and peripherals; OR
C. A satisfactory equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Successful completion of a BOCES CTE computer-related two-year program or Computer Certificate may be substituted for the required education being equivalent to one (l) year of education.
- Successful completion of coursework in electrical or mechanical technology, electronics, computer technology or equivalent field at a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees, may be substituted for the required education with 12 credit hours being equivalent to six (6) months of education.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Must possess a valid Driver's License and maintain such license throughout appointment in this title.
- Good Communication skills (written and interpersonal) required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain and support networked PC’s and Windows based servers required.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, MS Office Suite, and PC configuration.
- Sound oral and written communication skills, a high degree of logical reasoning and resourcefulness; sound judgment; tact; patience and physical condition.
Salary: Dependent on related work experience. Plus comprehensive benefits package.
Please complete your file by submitting the following information:
* Employment application
* Letter of interest
* Detailed résumé
* College undergraduate and graduate transcripts conferring degree
* If no college education, furnish a copy of high school diploma or GED
* One to three current, dated and signed letters of professional reference (must be less than 1 yr. old)